Know our services
In the following article by Growketing, we will explore all the details of one of the most used tools in the world of digital marketing today: the sales funnel.
Also known as “funnel” or conversion funnel, this process defines the journey of a user who visits a company’s website for the first time until they complete the entire sales process and become a new customer.
The sales funnel is a tool used by the sales and digital marketing department of a company to plan a strategy with the aim of increasing sales through the company’s website.
What is the importance of the funnel ?
Before starting a marketing campaign, it is essential to have clear objectives to promote our offer correctly. For this reason, the use of the sales funnel method is crucial.
The more people directed to our website and the higher the traffic, the greater the chances of completing sales of our product! Therefore, the first effort will be focused on achieving that traffic. Then various marketing strategies will be implemented to keep the user on the website for a necessary amount of time.
Sales Funnel: Stages and Structure
1- Top of the Funnel: This term is used to define the beginning of the stages of the process. Here, we must put in maximum efforts to keep users on our website and plan different strategies to achieve this. However, the most challenging part of this process is getting users to “go down the funnel.”
2- Middle of the Funnel: This stage considers users who have shown interest in our content for a considerable amount of time. We need to consider these contacts and their behavior, and in this stage, we try to optimize and increase all our efforts.
What content arouses the most interest? Which parts of the site are the most visited? This stage will provide us with the necessary material for modifying future strategies or confirming the original ones.
3- Bottom of the Funnel: This stage constitutes the final part of the conversion funnel. Here, we need to capture new customers and finalize the sale of our product or service.
The use of this tool in marketing strategy planning allows us to obtain quality information about potential customers and, after analyzing the results, develop a marketing funnel that suits our clients.
The ultimate goal is to have an easier time defining new users, as we can observe their interactions and interests. In conclusion, the sales funnel represents all the stages that a potential customer could go through, from entering our site until completing their purchase.
What is the Marketing Funnel?
The Inbound Marketing or Marketing Funnel is a concept and method widely used by companies, similar to the sales funnel, and consists of five main stages:
– Visitors: In this stage, the goal is to attract the public or potential customers through various digital marketing strategies.
– Leads: Users from whom we will obtain contact information, through surveys or forms to be completed, to move to the next stage of the sales funnel. The data collected from the leads will determine the content to be offered in the future.
– Qualified Leads: In this stage, leads will be segmented to finally reach the final stage of the marketing funnel, which is conversion into sales. We must never forget that our ultimate goal is to achieve sales through our web platform!
It is in this stage where the analysis of potential customers will take place, and we must start working on these contacts as a sales opportunity, which is the next phase.
– Opportunities: In this stage, we must make the most of all the information gathered about users and plan various effective strategies to offer an attractive and reliable offer.
– Sales: The ultimate goal! To reach this stage, we must have made everything accessible to know the customer and offer them a product of their greatest interest. This is where we can conduct a reflective analysis for improvements and start with post-sale service to keep customers within our orbit and build loyalty.
The proper fulfillment of each stage of the marketing funnel, like in the sales funnel, is essential for the success of the next step, as they are necessary to define specific strategies and improve them in future experiences. Knowing the market in advance will always bring good results!
At Growketing, we believe that implementing an organized planning is one of the great secrets to the growth of a company, and the sales funnel is an excellent tool to achieve that!